Sidor

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Dublin (part 2) - Day one

So finally here's part 2 of my short journey to Dublin! Can't say we did too much the first day(mostly turned into a snuggling day, but you know, we hadn't seen each other for over a month so I think that's fair)but here's some pictures :)

After robert met me up at the airport I demanded that we take a picture of us (or a million). I realize two things when I look at these pictures. 1. Daaaamn I'm pale haha! See how the light hits my face totally differently than roberts because of my paleness? ;) And 2. Even with my heels I am so short that robert felt the need to crouch down with his head when we took the photo haha!
So then we took a bus ride back into town and robert decided to try out my new camera and snapped this picture of me. He hasn't quite got the handle on how to make the pictures sharp, but still pretty decent to be robert haha.
This is how the street lights look in dublin. Felt pretty weird that they had three lights. The yelow light was pretty much as long as the green one and felt pretty unnecessary haha!
They have such nice houses in dublin! Everywhere are these cottage-like houses made of red bricks and stone and I just fell in love with the architecture!
Then we got into town and the first thing I realized was that some youngsters had put soap or something in the fountain because the fountain was overflowing with bubbles even down into the street! And so I found this funny and asked robert if it was a usual thing, but he said it's probably pretty usual but not very legal.
So we took a few pictures of us in front of this overflowing fountain...
And I decided to go with the happy face because I was indeed super duper happy and excited.
But robert thought I looked silly with my peace signs and super duper happy face so then I made that face.... and well... He snapped that too haha!


Right by the fountain there was this lady that played the harp and made the whole thing almost magical. The harp music and the flowing bubbles and my over the top excitement at being in a new country and finally meeting robert again. Yup. Magical.


Listen for yourself ^-^ I actually tried out the video funtion of the camera for the first time here, and well it's absolutely great quality, love it! 
Then before I had the time to walk any further (I saw street performer after street performer and so many people and stores and buildings that I just wanted to run around) robert topped me and asked me if we shouldn't go home and leave my bag (the 10kg on wheels bag) before strolling around. And so, we did. This is not the place he was staying (I forgot to take a picture of roberts house, silly me :P Will do that next time) but it was right around the corner and it was beautiful! The same picturesque architecture and with a beautiful tree (peach blossoms I think?) in the yard. I would love to live that way <3

Before wandering home we bought some breakfast, milk and chips for the evening and I found that they had really weird flavors... I mean prawn cocktail and salt & vinegar? yuck! The cheese and onion and originals were fine though :)

And well, once we set our feet inside the door of roberts place, we didn't step out again until the next day. Instead we ate dinner ( pizza if I recall correctly) and watched hunter x hunter and just snuggled :) In fact it was almost hard to get out of the house the next day, it just felt so nice to just stay home and just cuddle up in the couch together. But we did go out the next day, at around noon.

And we did see a  bit of dublin, and I did have the camera with me. But that's for next time :)

//Wayu

No comments:

Post a Comment