Sidor

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Dublin (Part 1) - Travelling to dublin

I feel a bit better today, still feverish, but better. So I thought I'd finally start updating you on the Dublin trip, and since I took so many pictures, I'm going to divide the trip into a few parts to make the photo bombs come in more chew-able pieces. So, Here's the first part where, I'm technically not in dublin, but the travel there counts as well no?
My dearest mom and dad drove me to the airport and before I had to go to the gate we had time for a little fika. I ate a raspberry swirl cheescake with a chai latte and my mom got herself a delicious apple pie with vanilla sauce and a coffee. My dad was a bit hungrier so he got himself a burger on Max, but that wasn't as friendly a photo ;)
After I said goodbye to my parents I walked to my gate and had just enough time to take a picture before the plane started boarding.  As you can see it was pretty empty. Only a few of us wanted to go to dublin on a regular saturday I guess haha!
  
 
And so, I left sweden (bye bye sweden!) and had a two and a half hour trip in front of me. In a half empty plane when no one is looking and you have nothing to do but pass time. What do you do?
Well Why not take some ego pics ;)




Yah, I did do that for a while, but it gets boring. So Instead I read a book and concentrated on what I learned on the Internet on pressure equalizing or "ear clearing" as it seems to be called in english. I have to learn to be able to scuba dive this summer, so what better place to practice than on a plane? So I did try the blowing my nose and the swallowing and all the other tips and finally, I managed to get the trick! So now, I can equalize pressure. yay!
Finally right before landing I took this picture of fair dublin with it's lovely fields. Looks quite different from Sweden - even from the air. And in the following days, I would explore it a bit. But that's for another post <3

//Wayu

No comments:

Post a Comment