Sidor

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sickling

So as you probably already get from the title, i'm sick at the moment.

You see, before i went to dublin i left my keys at my parents place to reduce the weight of my bag (i removed a lot of things) and to erase the risk of loosing them or having them stolen in dublin - it's not like i needed them in dublin anyway.

All fair no? But the thing is, when you then get back to your parents house and have to stress a bit to make it to the last cheap train for örebro you have a tendency to forget things. For example your keys.

So i got on the train to örebro and almost home i realized i'd forgotten my keys so there were no turning back either. So i called my parents to tell them to post my keys to me, and as usual my dad freaked out! He was like "no! You're so clumsy! How can you forget your keys!? How will you get in!? Where will you sleep?! Why don't you have the number to your room mate !?(the fact that she's incredibly unsociable and doesn't speak to me unless i speak to her first, and if i do she answers as shortly as she can with a "don't disturb me" kind of attitude, doesn't seem to have registered in my dad. You don't ask that kind of person for her number.)"
And so i had to calm him down and was like "chill! It's a monday evening she's probably home and can let me in. And tomorrow i can get a spare key from the landlord. Also. If she's not there i can sleep at a friends house."

In the end she was home (duh!) so it was no problem to get in. Problem was i still had locked my room door so i couldn't get to my room (or warm bed!). So, i took out the spare mattress (veeery thin thing, supposed to be on top pf a thicker mattress) and slept in the kitchen. No biggie.

Except our kitchen is really dry and has bad ventilation + it's really cold. So i woke with a sore throat yesterday and as per usual got a fever a few hours later. It's always mild though the first day - today it's full blown madness.

Little sickling me.


I went to bed before twelve and woke up at around eight in the morning, took a throat pill (strepsils) and went to the loo, then i went back to bed again and slept until half past eleven and only got up because i had to get to the university for a meeting (took two months to get the meeting so i couldn't skip it) .

Now, i'm home again after picking up two packages from the post office and buying some comfort food for the sickling me (a package of instant noodles and some nuts and coconut candy).
So basically i'm just going to bed again now.

I will update you on the dublin trip soon, i just really need to sleep first....


//wayu





No comments:

Post a Comment