Sidor

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Review of the Nivea Pearly Shine lip balm


Last week I bought a new lipbalm from Nivea called Pearly Shine. I decided to try it out for my winter dry lips to see if it made a difference. Here's the verdict:

First of all the positive. It has a very cute colouring of the lips that is not too strong or too subtle that it doesn't show. Second it made my lips soft pretty fast as long as I used it as soon as I felt my lips dry up. My boyfriend commented on the obvious softening of my lips since I started using it and was impressed. It's also very cheap and you can buy it pretty much anywhere, plus it's small enough to have with you in your pocket so it's always accessible.

And off to the negative - truth be told it did make a difference - as long as I used it like fifteen times a day. As soon as I didn't use it for a few hours my lips became dry again. Now that's not really what I was looking for - frankly I felt kind of silly when I constantly pulled up a lip balm and colored my lips to infinity. I'd rather have something that will actually give some kind of long term smoothness for my lips. Basically it's not very long lasting, and apparently the taste isn't great either. My boyfriend commented on the taste and said I should get one of those lip balms that taste good instead.

All in all it's just a very short term solution which makes your lips look and feel more kissable for a few minutes - but if you actually get kissed in the period that your lips are softened by this product your lips will instead taste bad. So, all in all - not a very good solution.

At least not for me.

Final grade:  (two out of 5 hearts)

//Wayu

No comments:

Post a Comment