Sidor

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Knitting and designs

Here in sweden it's pretty darn cold during the winter, yet i don't have too many warm sweaters to keep me warm.
I always seem to have trouble finding cute knitted sweaters, and so i rarely buy them, even though i should.
Now, for some reason, quiting biting my nails and knitting have somehow been connected many times for me. I guess i need to keep my hands busy and knitting does that.

So, combining these two ideas i thought "what if i knit my own sweater?"
And though that may surely be a good idea, i rarely knit, i should say that the last time i knitted was probably three or more years ago. So i don't remember much of how to knit. Surely, as i relearn it will come back pretty quickly. But then there's the biggest problem - i have never knitted anything as complicated as a sweater before...



Either way "impossible" is not in my vocabulary! Anything can be done with a little practice and help from the internet.
So while in class today i sketched up a fairly simple sweater with a few design twists to "cuteify" it :p (picture above).

At first though the design had a different colored body and arms, but i soon decided it would be too complicated for a first try sweater, so i simplified it even more to a same colored sweater with only the top ribbing in a dofferent color and a separately knitted heart at the front. The twist will then be the lace. I'm planning o using crochet stitching for that and found a cute pattern, but in worst case i'm thinking about just buying some lace and applying it. It would work too.

Either way it will be a lot of work so i'm kind of not expecting it to be finished before next winter haha!



I'm also thinking about what colors to use... I've been thinking pink for the details (heart, ribbing lace) and a light brown/ kaki beige or maybe grey for the body...

what do you guys think?

//wayu

No comments:

Post a Comment