Sidor

Friday, January 25, 2013

A little lighter weight-loss update ♥

I went today to the gym for a HIIT (High intensity interval training) workout :)
I've heard that they are very good for creating afterburn, and that is of course very good for weightloss, so I tried it. It was tough I tell you! I ran at full speed for 45 seconds ten times (with a 45 second calm tempo jogging in between), as it was the first time I've tried it. It really was tough, but somehow, the time went faster. After the short HIIT, I used the cross machine for another ten minutes or so before using the gym to strengthen my arms and back, after all I really need to strengthen my upper body - it's just way to weak! But I'm working on it ;)

Either way I just thought I'd up you on my weight loss journey (If you don't remember it's one of my new years resolutions to loose at least 5kg) or whatever I should call it.
It was about two and a half weeks since I started my diet when I last weighed in (it was on tuesday or wednesday I think) and the weight loss has been going steady as expected :)

I've lost 2kg and 0.7% body fat (a little over a kg fat in my case) according to my scale (it can measure weight, body fat, muscle, bone, water procentage and so on). According to the amount of calories that I've burned off with workout and low-calorie diet plan it fits pretty well with the fat measurements, so I think the scale is pretty trustworthy, even though it can change a bit between days. It doesn't really matter though, every week it's still going down a little at a time, and that's the most important  part ^-^
A dinner from the other day.  Bacon-cheese and shrimp filled plaice (Sv: Rödspetta) fillet rolls with spaghetti and mixed vegetables. A big portion, but only 350 calories

Since I loose about about 0.75kg every week it won't take that many weeks until I've lost the minimum goal of 5kg that I've put up, but I've also been thinking now that I do have a scale that can measure body fat, if loosing 5kg fat shouldn't be my goal instead, after all, if it's not fat I'm loosing the weight will come back pretty fast as it's probably just water or something...

It's not like I'm really suffering from eating less calories, really. I make sure to eat good food, just with less calories, like the picture above is of a dinner I had the other day after working out. I was hungry after the workout so it's a pretty big portion for me, yet it's not more than 350 calories, so it's not like I'm suffering, only eating bland food or bars or anything. Yet somehow I don't think being on a low calorie diet too long is good either... Maybe having a few weeks of rest and regular eating and exercising after my 5kg goal and then doing another diet again? It's not like I'm in a hurry to loose a lot of weight so taking a break might be good too.
 
Either way I can think about that later when I've reached my first goal - 5kg off ^-^

It's not much further :)

//Wayu





No comments:

Post a Comment