Sidor

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Solving a problem the hard way

I'm often on the road. Every weekend i go back to stockholm and try to do stuff (or sometimes just relax) with my friends, family and my boyfriend. Now on the weekdays i'm here in örebro going to school, shopping (both groceries and fun stuff), working out, meeting friends and studying. So since i'm on the go a lot i need a good blogging device for my iphone since i always have that with me.

I tried out bloggers own version, at it's not bad, but it puts all my pictures at the bottom, and i don't want them there. I want to be able to put my pictures where ever i want in the text! Now after a little research online i found an app called blogpress and it is great! You can put in tags, change the time when the post is going up on the blog, change font and font size, put in links and so on! It's a great blogging app that has it all, including the fact that i can put my pictures anywhere i want in the text body. And when i first used it it seemed absolutely perfect.
But of course, it wasn't.

You see, as i started using the app when i was on the road and my computer when i was at home i realized that in the posts i had uploaded from my phone the pictures where always blurry.
It seems as when the pictures are uploaded through the blogpress app they are uploaded in a very small format, and then upscaled to be the size you want them to be on the blog. While this makes uploading the photos faster it decreases the quality of he photo tremendously. I had however never that problem with the blogger app. I put up an example below:

The picture above is a random picture of me from my archive that I have uploaded through blogpress (I believe it's from halloween last year. I think i went as an upscale 19th century lady or something, with a corset and all). It's one of the sharpest pictures I've taken with my iphone, but by uploading it with blogpress it gets a little hazy.



Now this is the same picture, only it's uploaded through the blogger app, you can see the difference in quality right? Especially if you look at the net I have in front of my face. The one uploaded through blogger (the second one) is slightly bigger, yet it still has better quality.

So as this bothered me i went for a search for a new blogging app. but i found no other blogging app for iphone than blogpress that lets you place your pictures wherever you want in the body of text, they are all placing the pictures at the bottom!

So, i decided to try and fix this by using both apps. Finally i managed to fix it by uploading the photos through the blogger app and then saving it as a draft. That way i can reach the photos (as a html code) through the blogpress app and then copy paste the code where i want my picture to be.

It may sound complicated but it isn't once you get a hang of it.
So this will be my solution to the blogging on the go problem until i find a better one.

Anyone else have any ideas? ;)

//Wayu

No comments:

Post a Comment