Sidor

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Mending pants and breaking bad

Right now I'm mending my jeans for the first time. Usually, I've just been buying new ones, I don't know why I haven't even tried to mend my jeans before, I guess having patches on the insides of the thighs would look weird, or so I thought.

Yet, here I am, mending my jeans cause I'm tired of buying new jeans all the time when mine break. This time, I'm trying the mending thing.

I've never done it before, yet I know some different ways to do it, so I've been trying them all to see which one works best. At the same time I've been watching Breaking Bad. It's a series that's been going on for a while, yet for some reason I've never seen it. So, this time I decided to start watching it. And it is awesome! It's exciting and thrilling yet, it has humor and drama in it as well. It is just a great combination - I understand why my friends have been talking about this series so much!

After watching the first season, trying every possible way to mend my pants and fighting with my sewing machine for ages, I finally made a fix that I was okay with. 

The inside of the pants with the final fix.

The outside of the pants directly after sewing the patches on.
They are not too visible but I plan on making them even less visible.
The patches are visible, but not too much and it feels good wearing them too. I plan on using sandpaper or something to make the fabric a little lighter in color and after a few washes and walking in them for a while I'm thinking the color will start to match the rest of the pants even more.

Either way, it looks good and it feels comfortable when I'm wearing them so I'm happy. This way I can take my time to buy some more jeans, after all I have way too few of them.

//Wayu

No comments:

Post a Comment