Sidor

Friday, December 21, 2012

Back to Stockholm

Today it was supposedly the end of the world. Of course though, it wasn't. The ones who thoroughly believed it would happen are probably relieved (or sad, what do i know?).
Either way my test went well with a few weird happenings. Let's just say i got the right test, but me and another girl from my class managed to get placed in the wrong exam room. Since we still got the right test and all i guess it was okay. It was just a little bit funny to realize that us two were the only ones from our class in the exam room ;)

After the test I was so relieved that school was finally over for this year and went straight home to pack and eat a fast - way too little soup lunch. My mom arrived at about 1 o clock and we packed the last bit, talked and were finally on our way back to Stockholm two hours later. 

When i got to Stockholm i met up with Robert for he had a surprice for me. He led me to an apartment close by and we met a lady in her late sixties or early seventies with paintbrushes in her hand and traces acrylic paint on her skin and clothes. I put the pieces together and asked if i was going to be painted. And i was, or rather, i had already been but Robert had sent the artist too few pictures of me (and apparently she thought i was a chameleon as i looked different in all my photos) so she had demanded that he brought me in. And so, there i was in a very friendly and lovely strangers house chatting about my pictures and the gorgeous painting. It wasn't ready but even so it was very beautiful. It's a portrait of Robert and me that he wanted to give me for Christmas, unfortunately it wasn't ready yet, but it's okay since i won't have anywhere to hang it unless i go back to Örebro anyway. :) 

I didn't take a picture of it as it wasn't finished but i will take a picture so you all can see it when it's done.
After the visit to the artist it was already seven, and i had barely ate anything all day, so i was really, really hungry. So we met up with my brother Harald who just arrived in Stockholm and went to our favourite sushi buffet to eat. It's a place called Nooshi that's in "kulturhuset" (the culture house) right by the central. There you get to eat as much sushi and Asian dishes(deep fried foods, noodles, yakiniku, curry chicken, tom yam goong for example) as you want for 139kr. When we started eating there they had a campaign and so all you could eat was only 99kr, really great price and it was so delicious that we got hooked, so even though they've raised the price, we still go back from time to time.

Now, what's different from other sushi buffets is the quality. It's not just pre made sushi lying on a platter that you take from, even though you have no idea how long the sushi's been laying there. Instead you tell a sushi chef what sushi you want (it's fairly limited to rolls, avocado and salmon sushi  but that's our favourites so we don't mind) and she makes it for you - that way you can eat how much sushi you want, yet you always get it fresh and tasty.  It's really perfect!

I can really recommend nooshi for anyone who loves sushi, and the buffet for those who want to eat a bit more!


Then we said good bye to my brother and went home to Robert, but on our way the  bushes played a prank on me ;)



//Wayu






No comments:

Post a Comment