Sidor

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Review of the abilicia yoga mat

So as I mentioned before I ordered a yoga mat to pursue my yoga further at home. And I found a cheap and stylish yoga mat from abilicia on sportamore.se that looked fine, it even came with a bag to carry the mat with you and a flier with some yoga poses. A real bargain! 
A picture of the abilicia yoga mat from sportamore.se
Or so I thought. After a little bit of a hassle to get the package home I managed to get it to my apartment and opened it. Obviously, the package was too big.
How the package looked when I opened it.
But the mat looked good felt nice to stand on. So I decided to try out a simple sun salutation the mat but immediately stopped when I tried the dog pose and my hands just slid of the mat! To be fair my hands were a little bit sweaty so I dried them off and tried again - and slid just as badly! Not only that, I found that while putting my hands on the mat they instantly got warmer from the not very breathable material - which was regular PVC by the way. So unfortunately it's barely to count as a yoga mat! A yoga mat that you can't do a dog pose on is not a toga mat!

So unfortunately the abilicia yoga mat gets the lowest of the lowest grade of only one heart out of five!


On the other hand when I contacted sportamore.se about returning the mat they were stars about it! They answered me within an hour and immediately apologized for the inconvenience and wondered if I wanted a refund or another mat. Of course they also pay for the return postage :)
so to the sportamore.se service I have to give 4 out of five hearts!


 Unfortunately I have to remove one heart for the abnormally huge package they sent me with the yoga mat, but other than that - perfect service :)

So now I'm going to have to try out another mat, wonder what it'll be next time...
And for now I'm going to have to keep on doing my yoga on the floor.


//Wayu

3 comments:

  1. You should mention the excessive package size to them if you haven't ... after all, smaller packaging might result in lower shipping prices too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sportamore.se has free shipping - so it's not really worrisome. Also, usually they don't have such a huge package, it's a first (I've shopped from them before, they're really good ^^)so I don't think it's that big of a problem. If I get a huge package next time (I'm planning to try out another yoga mat from them soon) then I'll have to say something though, as it really isn't necessary. But as it's never been a problem before I kind of think they might've just been temporarily out of smaller boxes or something ^^'

    //Wayu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, what a shame to hear that the carpet wasn´t any good but very nice to hear that we made a good impression on you with our service!

    To give you a tip on a good carpet I can really recommend this one from Casall, it has a truly good grip:
    http://www.sportamore.se/produkt/19780-casall-yoga-mat-pvc-3mm-turkos

    We don´t want you to do your yoga on the floor ;)

    We appreciate the feedback about our too big package and will definitely try to pack better in the future. Best regards Elias @ sportamore

    ReplyDelete